Education for individual development has been the motto of the society, hence, Dr. D. Y. Patil and his family members particularly Shri. Sanjay D. Patil and have made the head way in medical, engineering and agricultural education in rural Maharashtra by establishing the medical, engineering, agricultural colleges and the schools for facilitating rural youths to take technical education which is helpful to create and develop human resources in the rural area. Realizing the advancement of technology in agriculture and it’s the occupation for rural people, the society has taken lead in Transfer Of Technology (TOT), in implementing the TOT programme for rural people of the district of Kolhapur. Hence, the society has established it’s own agro horticultural farm on the area of over 81 hectares at the village Talsande, Tal – Hatkanangale , District- Kolhapur. in Within short period, the work ash land of farm has been converted into agro- horticultural groove by using the recent advanced techniques and the technology. The Krishi Vigyan Kendra played key role in the development of the farm and society. Hence, this farm is serving as the instructional farm demonstrating the results of technology to the farmers and the users of the technology of the area. This indicates that the D. Y. Patil Education Society is the boon to the rural masses of the area in medical, engineering and agricultural education.
What is KVK ?
- Part of National Agricultural Research System
- Spearheaded by ICAR
- Involved in application of science and technology in the field of agriculture
- Innovative institutional model for assessment, refinement and on farm demonstration of agricultural technologies and training of farmers and extension personnel
- Aiming at assessment ,refinement and demonstration of technology/products
- To reach the unreached and enhance their efficiency with greater impacts
- Emerged as most important institute for technology led development
Mandates of KVK
- Technology assessment and refinement as per location specific needs by conducting on farm testing on farmer fields
- Front line demonstrations to establish and demonstrate the production potentionals of improved technologies on farmer fields
- Training of farmers to update their knowledge and skills and training of extension personnel to orient them in frontier areas of technology development
- Extension programmes to create awareness about improved technologies among farmers
- Production of seeds and seedlings to make available to the farmers.
Features of KVK
- KVK is an institution
- KVK is for technology spread
- KVK is centre for information and communication technology
- KVK has to promote ecofriendly and resource conservation technologies
- KVK should develop rural enterpreuneship
- KVK need to produce seeds and seedlings